Pupils Requiring Individualized Daily Education
P.R.I.D.E. is an after-school
academic support program, taught by SEMS teachers to assist students with their academics.
Classes offered are:
- Language Arts / History (grades 6-8) Mrs. Meder in room 301.
- Math / Science (grade 6) Mrs. Coleman in room 203. FULL, there is a wait list.
- Math / Science (grades 7-8) Mr. Pearlman in room 253.
- SAI Support (grades 6-8) Ms. McCrea in room 653.
- ELD Support (grades 6-8) Ms. Fernandez in room 706.
Tuesday and Thursday after school 2:15 - 3:00 p.m. Attendance is taken. Year long, no sessions.
- Academic test scores below proficient.
- Academic grade C or lower.
- Student recommended by classroom teacher
- P.R.I.D.E. is an intervention program to assist student with Language Arts/History or Math/Science skills.
- P.R.I.D.E. IS a class that meets Tuesday and Thursday during period 7 (2:15 pm - 3:00 pm).
- Class sizes are limited to 12-20 students
- Students are given support in their chosen subject areas, then practice skills and/or complete homework
- Student do not receive homework from P.R.I.D.E. class.
- P.R.I.D.E. IS NOT a Homework Club.
- Students may still have homework assignments to complete at home after attending P.R.I.D.E.
- Homework Club meets in the Library during period 7 (2:15 pm - 3:00 pm) Mondays - Thursdays, closed Fridays.
- Homework Club does not offer homework assistance; adult supervision is provided.
- Student expected to attend every Tuesday & Thursday.
- Student may not skip this program for any reason, including not having homework.
- Classroom and P.R.I.D.E. teachers will determine when your student has mastered the skills and may exit program.
- Student is expected to bring their backpack, binder, class assignments, and reading book.
- Student is expected to follow school and classroom rules.
Questions? Please contact Katie Buffum, Assistant Principal, at 760.290.2823 or email@example.com