Parent Resources in English
Here are some resources to support the academic and social emotional growth of your students!
· Families Matter!: Resources for parents of school-age youth developed by a Family and Child Development Specialist. Includes topics such as “Help Your Child Become a Better Reader,” “Steps to Building Self-Esteem,” “Setting Limits,” “Surviving a Family Crisis”
· Just in Time Parenting: Resources for parents and caregivers of infants and young children.
· Helping Children Succeed in School: Resources from the University of Illinois.
· Family TLC: Family activities including games, sports, crafts, music, cooking, nature, and more. Find parenting tips, articles on child development and hundreds of new-age appropriate child activities each month.
· Parent Child Activities: What should I do with my kids today? Here are 78 activities to choose from!
· The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is a law ensuring services to children with disabilities throughout the nation. IDEA governs how states and public agencies provide early intervention, special education and related services to more than 6.5 million eligible infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities.
· Literacy Connections: Literacy Connections provides a wealth of information on reading, teaching and tutoring techniques, ESL literacy, and adult literacy. Topics include the language experience approach, phonics, word study, word families, and the best in children's literature.
· America’s Story: "America's Story from America's Library" wants you to have fun with history while learning at the same time. We want to put the story back in history and show you some things that you've never heard or seen before. The information comes from the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., which is the largest in the world.
· National Center for Learning Disabilities: The resources offered are for parents of a child with a learning disability, or for parents who suspect their child may have a learning disability.
· International Children’s Digital Library: The ICDL Foundation promotes tolerance and respect for diverse cultures by providing access to the best of children's literature from around the world.
· Starfall: Learn to read with Starfall! The systematic phonics approach, in conjunction with phonemic awareness practice, is perfect for students learning to read.
· Words and Pictures: An interactive website to practice reading through a phonics based approach
· Community Housing Works: Community Housing Works is a San Diego non-profit that helps people and neighborhoods move up in the world by providing a full range of housing options combined with training and support.